8am – 9am – Augmented Reality in Education
- Aurasma / Augmented Reality in elementary math and reading lessons.
Aurasma / Augmented reality in science – example 1
Augmented reality in science – example 2
Apps for Augmented Reality
- History Pin
- 123D Catch
9:10am – 10:10am – Blogs & Digital Portfolios
Blogs vs. Wikis
Tools for blogging.
- Blogger – offers iPad & Android apps but requires students to have email addresses or to have a Google Apps for Education account.
- Kidblog – does not require students to have email addresses.
Tools for creating digital portfolios.
- EduClipper – iPad & Web-based options. Students and teachers create portfolios.
- Three Ring – iPad & Android apps. Teachers create the portfolios.
- Google Sites – students can manage individual pages. Takes a while to set-up management permissions.
- Wikispaces – students can manage individual pages.
- Silk – students can manage individual pages.
10:20am – 11:30am – Individual work time.
- Use this time to get more familiar with a favorite tool or tools from the last eight hours together. Create something that you can envision using in a classroom.
- Please share examples and or ideas for how you envision using a particular app or website with students. Share on this Padlet wall.